furrytaco1000furrytaco1000

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

To the Stars To the Stars

YES! This is by far the most bestest remix of super mario galaxy, and I really do agree that it's one of the more gooder pieces that you've created. The qualities of all the different instruments create a soothing mood, but fuse into like a paradoxical sound. It's like a fusion orchestra? The original song was pretty epic indeed, but this song is obviously much cooler and worth it. It must have been pretty tiring to create this in 2 days...wonder how much of that time you had to listen to those songs over and over again :3 The flute is really awesome too! In the beginning though (0:53 I think), did you make it off tune on purpose? Sounded very off; did you do that to catch the listener's attention?
You should do more cinematic remixes man

Step responds:

Hey, thanks for reviewing! It's awesome waking up to reviews like these. They really start the day on a good note haha.

"YES! This is by far the most bestest remix of super mario galaxy, and I really do agree that it's one of the more gooder pieces that you've created."

Mhmm, I agree that this is one of my betterest pieces.

"The qualities of all the different instruments create a soothing mood, but fuse into like a paradoxical sound. It's like a fusion orchestra?"

Yeah I wouldn't call this pure orchestral. Apart from the chiptune elements there are also a bunch of spacey effects, and even an electric piano. I get kinda bored making standard orchestral. I always enjoy spicing it up a little haha.

"The original song was pretty epic indeed, but this song is obviously much cooler and worth it."

I think my track is definitely more overblown and climactic than the original. I wouldn't call it necessarily better since I LOVE the original tracks, but I'm really glad you think that way!

"It must have been pretty tiring to create this in 2 days...wonder how much of that time you had to listen to those songs over and over again :3"

Well, I didn't have to listen to the original songs very much. I had already heard them dozens of times months before I even started thinking about arranging them, since Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack is one of my favouritest soundtracks ever.

It was very hard making this in two days though. I feel like I could've done so much more with Gusty Garden's orchestral section, but I had to rush a lot of it to make it on time. That's why you hear a lot of little details in the section around Good Egg Galaxy, but Gusty Garden Galaxy's somewhat more plain.

"The flute is really awesome too!"

Agreed!

"In the beginning though (0:53 I think), did you make it off tune on purpose? Sounded very off; did you do that to catch the listener's attention?"

Good catch. That's the Mario power-up sound effect that I recreated. The general idea of that section is that all the chiptune beeps and sound effects are trying to glitch out the track, so I did want to give it a bit of an off-putting sound.

"I don't really have any suggestions...took one listen to decide to review it right away. Guess it's too awesome to improve!
You should do more cinematic remixes man"

Thanks a million for dropping by. I really appreciate this review. I do a lot of cinematic remixes by the way! They're right here:

Thanks again!

Remnant of the Distant Future Remnant of the Distant Future

Wow! As expected from you. Just listening to the piece makes you think of a beautiful landscape sort of thing. I mean you killed it right there with the key change, it magnified the epicness tenfold. Although the transition to the keychange wasn't the best, the piece still blew me away by its epicness. Also, a mix between orchestral music and techno (I believe) is purely awesome.

You'll be a great composer or whatever you wanna be...there's no way no ones gonna love you for your music. I mean, even if you failed at video game making, you have a rare talent for composing and you can go touch the hearts of people with music by being a songwriter for movies or like a music teacher and stuff. You're an inspiration to me as composer and I wanna aim to be as good as you someday...after I find another, less crappy music program to use.

Anyways....great piece. I might haven gotten carried away there, so sorry about that.

xIIInon responds:

Man, honestly, thank you for your kind words, when I read them it really feels like I have a purpose in life. Being an inspiration for another composer is also something completely new to me. I can see that you are sincere and this amazes me the most, I'm just not used to listeners treating me like that. Seriously, you made my day with this comment. I wish that you take someone else as a model, though. We all wish to be "like that other guy", but in fact what we need is to develop our own approach in music and master it - something that I'm lacking at the moment. Let's hope we'll make it there one day.

-Queens garden- -Queens garden-

meh, its ok. Not as good as some of your other classical pieces though, but it gets better around 2:10.
I have a suggestion for this piece: I know percussion is the main focus in this piece and it sounds kinda nice, but i cant hear the melody and stuff. So it gets repetitive, and you should change it up so listeners don't get bored.

But overall...it's pretty good

Witcher's Tale Witcher's Tale

Great man, the strings give really give off a sound of adventure in the beginning and makes it totally awesome towards the end. It also takes a patient and calm mind to listen through the whole piece, but all the tension and buildup release in 1:38 which makes this piece so powerful. Percussion was used brilliantly and created the mood along with the strings. And though the melody was not emphasized very much (and it honestly wasn't the best one), the whole piece itself made up for it.

This piece really told a story, good job!

xIIInon responds:

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. I think you made a good point here!

The Final Step The Final Step

er, nice....i guess. Not bad for a first piece, so I guess it's okkkkkaaaayyyy. it has decent bass line and beat. So yea!

Ok, so first of all, i can see you wern't very serious about this, but uh were's the melody? That was a nice little loop thingamajiger you got there, but you should really think about adding a melody to it, it might sound better. Also, add some chords er something cuze i feel like it's too silent...there an emptiness in the air.

Well, uh...sorry for being so harsh on this review. I was scrolling through today's recent uploads. so sorry...

[CE] Be a Man (Mulan) [CE] Be a Man (Mulan)

wow awesome! liked how you used piano for the bassline. i was gonna make a instrumental on this song too now im gonna feel like im copying someone if i do...

but uh anyways, the only thing this song needs is better emphasis! you're not putting enough emphasis on the parts needed. it's actually more like the opposite...you're separating your emphasis' and placing it throughout the piece. therefore making the places you want emphasis to need much more. get it?

White Flower Lands White Flower Lands

Awesome man, great progression. you created brilliant beat with the percussion and you have a great bassline.

i have 2 sugestions for you though.
1) maybe try to create a better melody. it doesnt really stick in your mind. i feel like you just decided to throw togeter little pieces that sound good together (not that that's what you did though). i just hear random notes being thrown around in the melody, and its kinda unsettling.
2) keep up the good work. i like your songs...oh poo, that's not really a suggestion is it? oh well...

well, yay!

OctoEntandre responds:

Thanks guy, I really appreciate your input! And I definitely did just throw pieces together that sound good together, that's my process in a nutshell. Yay indeed.

Dance of Rainbows Dance of Rainbows

Uh yea...nice hook in the beginning. The baseline is an awesome one, brings out the awesome melody to it's fullest. And nice progression, i like how you start out with a sort of a solo and end with like a orchestral kind of mood (you started adding percussion in the perfect spot too).

So, good job!

Mechanical Anima Mechanical Anima

I dont know what the heck everyone's talking about in the other reviews, but i randomly stumbled upon this piece while scrolling around the rankings and stuff...

But this piece is great! It may not catch your attention at first (cause honestly, the intro's not the best), but once it gets to the part when the English horn and Clarinet come out with a melody, it's a killer piece! It's totally awesome, especially when i use headphones...cause i hear the oboe on one ear and clarinet on the other.
Another thing is that those machinery sounding thingys sound wierd and out of place in the beginning, but turn into an amazing background sound later on in the piece. I'm not saying its anything bad or anything though...im just pointing it out (I like the clock sounds)

Annnddd yea! Good job! I can see the time you spent on this

steampianist responds:

Thanks man

Forest of Fog Forest of Fog

haha, love the author's comment
very calming, but lacks a "easy to hear" melody
otherwise, it's cool...calming i guess