View Profile furrytaco1000

8 Audio Reviews

YES! This is by far the most bestest remix of super mario galaxy, and I really do agree that it's one of the more gooder pieces that you've created. The qualities of all the different instruments create a soothing mood, but fuse into like a paradoxical sound. It's like a fusion orchestra? The original song was pretty epic indeed, but this song is obviously much cooler and worth it. It must have been pretty tiring to create this in 2 days...wonder how much of that time you had to listen to those songs over and over again :3 The flute is really awesome too! In the beginning though (0:53 I think), did you make it off tune on purpose? Sounded very off; did you do that to catch the listener's attention?
You should do more cinematic remixes man

Step responds:

Hey, thanks for reviewing! It's awesome waking up to reviews like these. They really start the day on a good note haha.

"YES! This is by far the most bestest remix of super mario galaxy, and I really do agree that it's one of the more gooder pieces that you've created."

Mhmm, I agree that this is one of my betterest pieces.

"The qualities of all the different instruments create a soothing mood, but fuse into like a paradoxical sound. It's like a fusion orchestra?"

Yeah I wouldn't call this pure orchestral. Apart from the chiptune elements there are also a bunch of spacey effects, and even an electric piano. I get kinda bored making standard orchestral. I always enjoy spicing it up a little haha.

"The original song was pretty epic indeed, but this song is obviously much cooler and worth it."

I think my track is definitely more overblown and climactic than the original. I wouldn't call it necessarily better since I LOVE the original tracks, but I'm really glad you think that way!

"It must have been pretty tiring to create this in 2 days...wonder how much of that time you had to listen to those songs over and over again :3"

Well, I didn't have to listen to the original songs very much. I had already heard them dozens of times months before I even started thinking about arranging them, since Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack is one of my favouritest soundtracks ever.

It was very hard making this in two days though. I feel like I could've done so much more with Gusty Garden's orchestral section, but I had to rush a lot of it to make it on time. That's why you hear a lot of little details in the section around Good Egg Galaxy, but Gusty Garden Galaxy's somewhat more plain.

"The flute is really awesome too!"

Agreed!

"In the beginning though (0:53 I think), did you make it off tune on purpose? Sounded very off; did you do that to catch the listener's attention?"

Good catch. That's the Mario power-up sound effect that I recreated. The general idea of that section is that all the chiptune beeps and sound effects are trying to glitch out the track, so I did want to give it a bit of an off-putting sound.

"I don't really have any suggestions...took one listen to decide to review it right away. Guess it's too awesome to improve!
You should do more cinematic remixes man"

Thanks a million for dropping by. I really appreciate this review. I do a lot of cinematic remixes by the way! They're right here:

Thanks again!

meh, its ok. Not as good as some of your other classical pieces though, but it gets better around 2:10.
I have a suggestion for this piece: I know percussion is the main focus in this piece and it sounds kinda nice, but i cant hear the melody and stuff. So it gets repetitive, and you should change it up so listeners don't get bored.

But overall...it's pretty good

er, nice....i guess. Not bad for a first piece, so I guess it's okkkkkaaaayyyy. it has decent bass line and beat. So yea!

Ok, so first of all, i can see you wern't very serious about this, but uh were's the melody? That was a nice little loop thingamajiger you got there, but you should really think about adding a melody to it, it might sound better. Also, add some chords er something cuze i feel like it's too silent...there an emptiness in the air.

Well, uh...sorry for being so harsh on this review. I was scrolling through today's recent uploads. so sorry...

Andrew Young @furrytaco1000